Walkies for Wellbeing 2021
Our popular Walkies for Wellbeing challenge returns this Autumn! We're inviting you to run, walk, cycle 10km with or without your 4 legged friend.
Choose your own challenge, invite your friends, family or colleagues to join you and take part in this virtual event any time between 10th September (World Suicide Prevention Day) and 10th October (World Mental Health Day). If you’re feeling really energetic, you could even do 10 x 10km within the month!
Date Anytime between Friday 10th September and Sunday 10th October 2021
Location Anywhere. Your challenge, your way!
Cost of Entry £25 p/person
Fundraising target: Fundraising in addition to the £25 p/person entry fee is optional
Scroll down for more information.
Start Time: 09:00
End Time: 20:00
Event Capacity: 300
How your support can help
Each year on 10th September, countries around the world commemorate World Suicide Prevention Day to raise awareness of the 800,000 people who die by suicide each year. This equates to one person every 40 seconds. In the UK, suicide kills over 6000 people per year and is the biggest killer of men aged 20-49.
More than 200 children and young people under the age of 18 die by suicide in the UK each year, a rate of four per week.
Charlie Waller is rapidly expanding its work with parents. Being the parent or carer of a child or young person with a mental health problem can be extremely challenging, lonely, and frightening. However, with the right support, parents can do a great deal to help their children overcome their difficulties and thrive.
By supporting Walkies for Wellbeing 2021, you’ll be making a massive difference in reducing the stigma of mental health.
Here are some ways your support will help:
£25 pays for 114 packs of resources for parents and carers
£100 pays for a small series of mental health webinars
£640 pays for two 2-hour sessions of expert clinical support and supervision for parent group leaders
Cost and registration
Please use the link above to Register for Walkies for Wellbeing 2021. Remember to answer all the questions on the registration form. We only ask for essential details and information we must collect due to legal requirements.
Entry is £25 per person
This is a virtual event which means you choose your challenge and when you complete it.
You must follow the current Covid-19 government guidelines with regards to meeting anyone outside of your household.
Fundraising, in addition to the £25 p/person entry fee, is optional but we encourage you to set your own fundraising target, if you can.
If you do decide to fundraise there is no minimum target but we can provide support and tips to help you achieve your fundraising goal. Whatever the amount raised you'll be supporting young people's mental health.
What to expect from us?
It is brilliant that you would like to take part in Walkies for Wellbeing 2021 and support our work. We want to make sure that we provide you with all the support and encouragement needed to make this event an experience to remember. We want you to truly feel like you are a part of #TeamCharlieWaller.
What you can expect from us
- Support from our lovely office team and a dedicated contact
- Branded Charlie Waller t-shirt (on request and whilst stocks last)
- Tips for achieving your fundraising target, if applicable
- The option to purchase a branded Charlie Waller Trust wooden finisher medal
We will use email to contact you and only ever call you if we need to discuss your application.
Charlie Waller Trust Event Terms & Conditions
Charlie Waller Trust Event Terms & Conditions
Please read these carefully before registering for a place. You will be asked to confirm that you accept these during the checkout process.
Walkies for Wellbeing 2021 (the ‘Event’)
Friday 10th September – Sunday 10th October 2021
Participation and Fundraising
By registering for a place in the Event you agree with the Charlie Waller Trust (the 'Trust') that you:
- Will take part in Walkies for Wellbeing 2021 between Friday 10th September – Sunday 10th October.
- Will inform the Trust immediately if you are unable to take part in the Event.
- Will pay a registration fee of £25 (this is non-refundable and non-transferable, once my place has been confirmed and cannot be used towards any sponsorship pledge, if applicable).
- Will only use lawful means to fundraise for the Trust and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm the reputation of the Trust.
- Agree that Gift Aid payments cannot be counted towards your fundraising pledge and instead will be considered as over and above the pledged fundraising total.
- Give permission for your name, photograph, feedback and comments to be used free of charge in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and on our social media channels and/or promotion of the Trust.
Health & Safety
I confirm that:
- I am taking part in the event at my own risk and will not hold the Trust responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained.
- I will prepare myself to the best of my ability for the physical challenge and will check with my doctor if I have any concerns as to whether I am medically fit to participate in the Event.
- I will comply with the health and safety and other rules and regulations issued by the Event organisers.
I confirm that I accept all points stated in these terms and conditions.
Got a question about this event?
If you have a question about this event please get in touch. We will be happy to help.
Cambridge Half Marathon
Join us for one of the UK’s biggest half marathons through this world-famous university city.
A fun February fitness challenge
BRIT 2021 Challenge
The BRIT 2021 Challenge is inviting students and staff at every UK university and college to participate in an exciting 2,021 mile challenge.
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, Rear Office, First Floor, 32 High Street, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 3JD.
Copyright © 2021 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.