Tribal Tracks Sahara Challenge 2022
Join fellow supporters of the Charlie Waller Trust on our inaugural walking adventure across the Moroccan part of the Sahara Desert and help us continue our crucial work.
You will trek 100km through dunes, through valleys and stunning oases. Camping under the Saharan skies at night with the full support crew of camels, local desert guides and cooks along the way. The trek loosely follows part of the Marathon des Sables, marked by the little coloured pebbles on the ground.
- Experience the terrain and the wildlife of Morocco's part of the Sahara Desert
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases
- Trek between 15-30km per day, reaching a total of 100km
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures
- Sleep under canvas looking at the clear desert skies
- Enjoy a final night celebration to salute the group’s impressive achievement
- Be well looked after on a fully supported trek with camels, desert guides and cooks
Date: October 31 2022
Start Time: 9am
End Time: 6pm
Event Capacity: 10 - 18
Cost: £1,750 for the Challenge plus a minimum of £1000 in sponsorship
Book your place and support mental health
Dates and group size
The dates for our Sahara Desert Challenge are 31 October – 6 November.
The maximum group size for each trek is 18 people. The minimum group size will be 10 people.
The deadline for booking is 15 January 2022 and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
£1,745 per person
Payable as a non refundable deposit of £400 and a balance of £1,345 payable by 10 weeks before departure
What does the cost include and exclude?
The Trip Includes:
- Tribal Tracks trip leader.
- International economy class flights between London and Marrakech, UK international departure.
- Tax and Passenger Service Charges.
- Accommodation in shared rooms in Ouarzazate and Ait Ben Haddou.
- Accommodation in shared tents on desert trek.
- Supporting in-country guides, jeep support and cooks, camel-supported trek; all transfers by minibus or bus as per itinerary.
- All meals from lunch on day of arrival to lunch on day of departure. Vegetarian or other meal plans can be provided; please specify at time of booking.
The Trip Excludes:
- Personal Travel Insurance, Immunisation costs; Personal equipment and clothing, Boots suitable for desert trek.
- Sleeping bag, Visa fees (currently not required for UK passport holders), any locally paid international airport departure taxes, personal items, tipping for local guides and driver, single supplement.
We kindly ask you to raise a minimum of £1,000 in sponsorship. This is in addition to the £1,745 event cost per person.
We want to make sure that we provide you with all the support and encouragement needed to make this event an experience to remember. We want you to truly feel like you are a part of #TeamCharlieWaller.
As a challenge participant with #TeamCharlieWaller we’ll give you:
• Support from our lovely office team and a dedicated contact
• Branded technical top (T-shirt or vest)
• Tips for achieving your fundraising target
Please click the Book this event button which will take you to the Tribal Tracks website.
The total cost of the trip is £1,745 per person. You will need to complete the Tribal Tracks online booking form and pay a non-refundable registration fee of £400 to Tribal Tracks Ltd (account details are on the booking form). The final payment of £1,345 is due 10 weeks before departure – you will be invoiced by Tribal Tracks.
We kindly ask you to raise a minimum of £1,000 per person (in addition to the trip cost). A minimum of 80% (£800) of the this must be received by the Charlie Waller Trust at least ten weeks before you depart. If you do this, your place on the challenge is secured. The balance of the fundraising sum (a minimum of £200) is due no later than 4 weeks after The Sahara Desert Challenge team return.
- Minimum age for participants in the event is 18.
Please note, this event is not organised by the Charlie Waller Trust but a third party (event organiser).
Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read these carefully before registering for a place.
Charlie Waller Sahara Desert Challenge (the ‘Event’)
Terms and Conditions for a guaranteed place for the Charlie Waller Trust.
31 October – 6 November 2022
Participation and Fundraising
By accepting a guaranteed place in the Event you agree with the Charlie Waller Trust (the 'Trust') that you:
- Will inform the Trust immediately if you are unable to take part in the Event.
- Will pay a non-refundable deposit of £400 and the balance of £1,345 payable by 10 weeks before departure to Tribal Tracks (22 August 2022)
- Will pledge to raise a minimum of £1,000 for the Trust.
- Will contact the Trust as soon as possible if you are not sure you are able to raise the funds required.
- Will only use lawful means to fundraise for the Trust and will not do anything that harms or is likely to harm the reputation of the Trust.
- Agree that Gift Aid payments cannot be counted towards your fundraising pledge and instead will be considered as over and above the pledged fundraising total.
- Give permission for your name, photograph, feedback and comments to be used free of charge in any future publicity, advertising, fundraising materials and on our social media channels and/or promotion of the Trust.
Health & Safety
I confirm that:
- I am taking part in the event at my own risk and will not hold the Trust responsible for any accident, injury or illness sustained.
- I will prepare myself to the best of my ability for the physical challenge and will check with my doctor if I have any concerns as to whether I am medically fit to participate in the Event.
- I will comply with the health and safety and other rules and regulations issued by the Event organisers.
I accept all points stated in these terms and conditions.
BRIT 2021 Challenge
The BRIT 2021 Challenge is inviting students and staff at every UK university and college to participate in an exciting 2,021 mile challenge.
To support Children's Mental Health Week (2022 dates TBA) we're challenging you to make the most of the 28 days in February and get #Fit4Feb
Master the Art of Painting
Learn how to paint whilst supporting the work of The Charlie Waller Trust.
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, Rear Office, First Floor, 32 High Street, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 3JD.
Copyright © 2021 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.