Dancing in the rain
A talk by Dick Moore. He is one of Charlie Waller’s most longstanding speakers, has been a housemaster, English teacher, rugby coach and headmaster, and has a passionate interest in the emotional wellbeing of young people. He is an instructor in Youth Mental Health First Aid.
Dick's talk will cover: - Dick’s family and teaching background, including his own personal experience of being Dad to a teen suffering a mental health crisis
- Statistics around mental health issues
- Assessing your child's emotional and mental health
- What is really important? (teaching our kids social and emotional skills for education and life)
- The developing brain - an amateur’s guide to the relationship between nature, nurture, triggers and emotions
- The need to engage with our kids (and not just to tell them what we think they should do next)
- Anxiety: helpful or destructive?
- How can we understand self-harm?
- Low mood or depression?
- Man up - speak up: the need to talk (boys AND girls)
- Top Tips for Parents (or things I struggled with with my children!)
- Getting through life’s storms
This event is now postponed to 2021. We will announce the new date as soon as we can.
Christopher Burrows is an extraordinarily talented keyboardist and his concerts around Wiltshire and Berkshire are regularly sold out.
Walk, jog or run 10k with or without your 4 legged friend!
Our flagship festive event of candlelit carols and celebrity readers – an evening not to be missed. This year it will be fully virtual.
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a trading name of The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust. The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, Rear Office, First Floor, 32 High Street, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 3JD.
Copyright © 2020 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.