Our Advisory Groups
Our Board Advisors have an informal advisory role in relation to our Board of Trustees. Their role is to:
- offer ad hoc advice to the Board of Trustees in pursuit of our charitable objectives;
- be available to provide advice to the Trustees on specific issues where they have knowledge and expertise;
- promote Charlie Waller in their personal and professional networks;
- support and encourage our fundraising activities.
Our current Board Advisors are:
Professor David Clark
Lord Crisp KCB
Dr Denise Meyer
Professor Suzanna Rose
Sir Anthony Seldon
Professor Sir Simon Wessely
College and University Advisory Board
The College and University Advisory Board is made up of experts in student mental health and welfare, including clinicians, professionals and those who manage and deliver services; and those who represent the student voice. Its role is to:
- provide critical review of our College and Universities Programme to ensure it is clinically robust and in line with best practice;
- to advise on the development of all the elements of the programme and assist in collaborative work in the mental health sector;
- to promote our activities; and to represent and disseminate information about the programme through all relevant networks.
Our current College and University Advisory Board members are:
Richard Caulfield (Chair)
Young Advisors Group
Our Young Advisors Group exists to ensure that we hear and respond to the voices of young people. It is vital that these voices inform our work and activity.
Aged between 15 and 23, the Group reviews our resources with the aim of making them more ‘young-person friendly’, relevant and useful. It has devised a list of whole-school strategies which are shared and used by our trainers, and a ‘top tips’ package for schools written entirely by young people with experience of mental health difficulties, which provide the basis for face-to-face workshops with school leaders and teachers.
Our current Young Advisors are:
The Charlie Waller Trust
The Charlie Waller Trust is a trading name of The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust. The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust is a registered charity in England and Wales 1109984. A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales 5447902. Registered address: The Charlie Waller Trust, Rear Office, First Floor, 32 High Street, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG19 3JD.
Copyright © 2020 The Charlie Waller Trust. All rights reserved.